[arm-allstar] CTCSS Output

Kevin Custer kevin at kc-wireless.com
Mon Sep 9 08:11:31 EDT 2019

The PiTone 2 documentation refers to using the Masters Communications
RA-35 or RA-40.  While either of those work perfectly fine as suggested,
the RA-42 was specifically designed to bring out the TXCTCSS logic
through a buffer transistor.  Jumpers were reconfigured to allow this
logic to be routed to a pin on the DB9 (without soldering), and a
TXCTCSS indicator LED was added to visually show the status of the
TXCTCSS logic.  Either GPIO 4 or 8 can be used as the source, and is
selectable by a jumper.  GPIO 8 is default, and no additional soldering
is required to use this output.  More information is available from the
Masters Communications website.

Kevin W3KKC