[arm-allstar] Possible Software Bug

David McGough kb4fxc at inttek.net
Mon Sep 2 15:52:14 EDT 2019

Hi Roy,

This is the first report I've heard of EEPROM issues, however most users
don't have them installed. Realistically, the need for EEPROMs to hold the
node config is deprecated, at this point, IMO.

Leave eeprom=0 for now, since that's working for you.

I'll try to check this out.

73, David KB4FXC

On Mon, 2 Sep 2019, "RP Smith via ARM-allstar" wrote:

> I have been running my AllStar node for over 6 months without a
problem.  I'm using a Pi3B+ and a URIxB (with EEPROM).  After updating my
software about 2 months ago, my local TX audio was totally unusable and
distorted.  So I just turned it off and set it aside as I was too busy at
the time to work on it.

> To make a long story short, if I tell the software I don't have an
EEPROM, everything works fine.  A fresh flash does the same thing if I
answer YES to "Do you have an EEPROM".