[arm-allstar] developing voice packs for ASL/HamVoIP

David McGough kb4fxc at inttek.net
Wed Oct 23 19:16:49 EDT 2019

Hi Danny,

Remember that the .wav format is just a container. Many different CODECs
can be used in the .wav container, most of them incompatible with
asterisk. In addition, the files are somewhat larger and realistically not
easier to manage with sox, for asterisk use. The reason is that you've
still got to tell sox all the details about the CODEC to use, sample rate
(8KHz), etc.

73, David KB4FXC

On Wed, 23 Oct 2019, "Danny K5CG via ARM-allstar" wrote:

> If we're not concerned about disk space whynot use wav files. They play just fine and are easier to manipulate with tools like sox.

Danny
K5CG