[arm-allstar] Now what ?

David McGough kb4fxc at inttek.net
Wed Oct 16 16:50:55 EDT 2019

Hi Don,

Welcome to the arm-allstar mailing list.  Yes, the HamVoIP release is
supported here.  The latest HamVoIP firmware is version 1.6-04. This info
can be found using option #10 (Display version numbers) from the admin
menu.

What communications hardware do you have attached to the RPi boards? This
is typically the place to start with testing. Depending on how you plan to
use the systems, you'll likely want public node numbers, too.

So, what are the RPi's connected to?

73, David KB4FXC

On Wed, 16 Oct 2019, "Don Ritchie via ARM-allstar" wrote:

> I have two “new” R Pi’s ( really just new firmware) now running on my
own local network.
It looks like they did the proper updating, ( how can I tell if they are
really “up yo date” ?
I have called one “k8zgwlocal” and the other “k8zgwremote” and set a
root password.
now I can ssh into both of them, and can ping one from the other, so I
know that they CAN
see each other, now what I need to do is to get them to “talk” to each
other.
Do I need to get a “node ID” for each one, or ??
I am now to the point where I would like to test them “end to end” or am
I barking up
the wrong tree ?

I didn't realize that these were two separate systems ??

I posted this on the Allstar site and was told to post here.

Thanks,
Don, K8ZGW