[arm-allstar] Echolink & supermon access down

David McGough kb4fxc at inttek.net
Wed Oct 9 20:00:07 EDT 2019

Hi Mike,

Corrupted SD cards and most frequently caused by a weak 5V power supply.

Which type RPi (2/3/4) are you using?  If you look at the kernel messages
("dmesg" command from the bash prompt), do you see and messages similar
to:

[11360190.086100] Under-voltage detected! (0x00050005)
[11360194.236046] Voltage normalised (0x00000000)

...If you're seeing any of these messages, you positively need a more
robust power supply.

73, David KB4FXC

On Wed, 9 Oct 2019, "Mike Sullivan via ARM-allstar" wrote:

> I’m hoping it wasn’t. I’m running a little 12v to 5v regulated supply on
our backup battery.. it checked out well above 12v so I don’t think it
dipped low enough to cause any problems. Sounds like the SD card was
corrupt.. I tried switching it to another Pi, no dice, so i took another
one and rewrote our configs and just got it back online. Note to self..
make backups.

Mike