[arm-allstar] Echolink

Doug Crompton wa3dsp at gmail.com
Thu May 23 10:35:35 EDT 2019

We talk or should I say worry way to much about Echolink! Like I said there
is no worry that all servers work nor is it a problem if one does not work.
You need three entries in the config file. One could be xxx.com, it doesn't
care. Many of the servers are redundant pointing to the same Ip address.
The bottom line is that you are getting the data and you can check that as
I pointed out before. Below is the list of known servers and their IP
addresses. They all resolve and as you can see many have the same IP
addresses. They do not ping so there is really no easy way to tell if they
are alive. If you look in your client you will get the following about
every five minutes when things are working. The server is one of the three
you selected. Little is known or published about the servers.

    -- Received OK from Echolink server server3.echolink.org
    -- Directory pgm done downloading(partial,compressed), 269 records

another example -

    -- Received OK from Echolink server server1.echolink.org
    -- Received OK from Echolink server server3.echolink.org
    -- Directory pgm done downloading(partial,compressed), 150 records

Servers -

server1.echolink.org (174.129.36.165) Network AMAZON-AES - Amazon.com, Inc.
(US) Routing 174.129.0.0/16 via AS11164 , AS16509 , AS14618

server2.echolink.org (174.129.209.125) Network AMAZON-AES - Amazon.com,
Inc. (US) Routing 174.129.0.0/16 via AS11164 , AS16509 , AS14618

server3.echolink.org (174.129.209.125) Same as server2

server4.echolink.org (50.18.55.39) Network AMAZON-02 — Amazon.com, Inc., US
(US) Routing 50.18.0.0/18 via AS16509

server5.echolink.org (68.178.144.151) Network AS-26496-GO-DADDY-COM-LLC —
GoDaddy.com, LLC, US (US) Routing 68.178.144.0/22 via AS26496

server6.echolink.org (54.161.182.37) OS Fedora Network AMAZON-AES -
Amazon.com, Inc. (US) Routing 54.160.0.0/14 via AS16509 , AS14618

server7.echolink.org (54.93.96.123) Network AMAZON-02 - Amazon.com, Inc.
(US) Routing 54.93.64.0/18 via AS7018 , AS1299 , AS16509

servers.echolink.org (174.129.36.165) Same as server1

naeast.echolink.org (174.129.209.125) Same as server2

nasouth.echolink.org (174.129.209.125) Same as server2

backup.echolink.org  (54.161.182.37) Same as server6