[arm-allstar] 3rd node - getting "Could not connect to Asterisk Manager"

Doug Crompton wa3dsp at gmail.com
Thu Mar 28 23:28:12 EDT 2019

Mike,

 In the allmon.ini file the IP address and the user and pass for each node
are used to connect to the manager for that node. The IP address is the IP
address of the server you are trying to connect to. If it is on the same
server as Supermon is running on it would be 127.0.0.1. If it is another
server on you LAN it would be the local IP address of that server. If it
was somewhere out on the Internet it would be the public IP address or
domain name of that server.

The user and pass must match the user/pass specified in the manager.conf
file on the server you are connecting to. In addition if that server is not
the same as the one Supermon is running on it has to have a bind address of
0.0.0.0 in the manager.conf NOT 127.0.0.1. Also if that server is somewhere
out on the Internet outside of your LAN it must port forward the manager
port 5038 in its router. Also you should institute the firewall
recommendation specified in the howto in that case.

This is ALL noted in the Supermon howto at hamvoip.org