[arm-allstar] Couple quirks with Echolink

Rick Harkins rick.harkins at gmail.com
Sat Mar 9 11:27:11 EST 2019

Mike I connected from my Allstar node (42037) and then connected to your
Echolink from my phone. I heard the Echolink connection message come across
Allstar. That surprised me, because I thought those connection messages
were only to the local node. Perhaps not.

I also connected our two repeaters together with Echolink (NØHV-R), then
connected to your node with my phone. I noticed that if I keyed up my
repeater with no audio, I heard a bunch of audio noise, i.e. some
clicking/ticking coming through my Echolink connection on the phone.
Someone local IDed on your node and all I heard via Echolink was 60Hz hum.

There is something wrong in your audio path, but I don't know what the
issue might be. We have a Pi 3B+ feeding a DMK-URI which feeds a port on
our Arcom controller. Other than setting levels, we've never had any
problems, and the audio is excellent.

Please feel free to connect to us (42037, NØHV-R) if you want to test.

Rick WØYGH
Lee's Summit, MO