[arm-allstar] radioless node dtmf

Doug Crompton wa3dsp at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 00:37:01 EST 2019

Jay,

 Don't get me wrong on a "onsey" basis these might be a good choice and
little to lose if you are building your own radio-less node but we need to
go out and buy 50 or a hundred and there is a lot to lose if they are not
reliable. The nice thing about the Yaesu mics is they are a simple matrix
keyboard with a series of resistors to supply specific row and column
voltages. This is decoded by the Arduino which in quantity is a less than
$3 part.  Another option we looked at that is possible with the Arduino is
to use a flat matrix keyboard mounted on the top panel with the Arduino and
then just about any non-keyboard mic would work.