[arm-allstar] PTT Delay idea

Doug Crompton wa3dsp at gmail.com
Tue Mar 5 02:00:02 EST 2019

John,

 I think you contradict yourself because you want audio to level before PTT
but you tell people to hold PTT for a few seconds before they talk. That
does not make sense. Then there would be carrier without audio. What is
this ALC? A good audio limiter/compressor should be almost instantaneous in
response. Are your levels really that wacky? Perhaps the users need to set
their levels better! You could delay PTT any amount you want with a rather
simple circuit but remember you are cutting off the beginning of the
transmission by that amount.

On a side note we will be introducing a new channel driver later this year
that will allow you to use a SW limiter/compressor with custom settings.