[arm-allstar] Allstar

Doug Crompton wa3dsp at gmail.com
Fri Jun 21 18:58:23 EDT 2019

Tony,

 At the moment you  are only registered with the hamvoip registration
server if you were manually issued a registration. Several hundred have
been issued over the last 6 months+.  Everyone using V1.5 that has update
in the last 5-6 months is now using the hamvoip DNS node lookup method.
This means when you start your system it will lookup the node you want to
connect to almost immediately. However that does not mean you can connect
to them immediately unless they are actually registered with hamvoip.  You
can run  check_reg.sh to see if and to whom you are registered. Those
registered with the hamvoip server would show a domain name something like
- hvdallas2.hamvoip.org  for the Dallas, TX server. You can be dual
registered with both the Allstar Tampa, FL server and the hamvoip, Dallas,
TX server. We intend to add additional server sites and have more
registration options very soon.