[arm-allstar] Supermon, manager not connecting

Doug Crompton wa3dsp at gmail.com
Fri Jul 26 10:53:15 EDT 2019

Luc,

  Unfortunately your attachments did not make it to the email list but in
viewing them it looks like you are trying to manage other servers which I
suspect are not at your site and outside your LAN?? If that is the case
then at their site port 5038 must be port forwarded for you to be able to
reach them and the manager at THEIR end must be configured. There is also a
security issue that is addressed in the howto and a firewall example when
using managers outside of your LAN. It looks like your side is setup
correctly as far as I can tell but you cannot just decide to manage others
servers without having access to their managers meaning they allow incoming
port 5038 and your allmon.ini file user/pass matches their manager file
user/pass.

So the rules are:

When managing other Allstar servers either in or outside of your site your
Allmon.ini file user/pass must match the manager.conf user/pass ON THE
SERVER YOU ARE MANAGING and you must have a path to that manager. This
requires a bindport of 0.0.0.0 and matching user/pass in the other ends
manager.conf to the stanza in your allmon.ini file. So either inside or
outside your LAN if you are trying to manage a server foreign to the server
you are running supermon on you must use the IP address or domain name of
the foreign servers manager in your allmon.ini file host= and actually have
a path to that server.

This is all in the howto and here is an example -

Manage node on same server as supermon -

[40000]
host=127.0.0.1:5038
user=admin
passwd=xxxxx

Manage node on same LAN but not same server as supermon. Manager.conf at
other end must be set to 0.0.0.0 bindport!

[40000]
host=192.168.1.154:5038
user=admin
passwd=xxxxx

Manage node on server outside of your LAN. Manager at other end must be set
to 0.0.0.0 bindport AND port 5038 must be forwarded in distant router! Also
observe security warnings using in howto.

[40000]
host=some_domain_name_or IP_address:5038
user=admin
passwd=xxxxx

BTW the username does not have to be admin. It just has to match between
the manager.conf of the server you are managing and your local allmon.ini
file and obviously the PW must match.