[arm-allstar] Powering Your Pi (Lessons learned from Pi 3B+)

Jim Kinter Jr. Jim at k5ktf.com
Sun Jan 13 21:22:30 EST 2019

Since we Hams usually have 12VDC handy, I like using UBEC's to run my
Ham Pi stuff.
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/power-systems/power-distribution/vr-ube-bec-sbec.html

I have had really good luck with the HobbyKing and Turnigy brands,
and they seem to have enough amperage that a Pi never complains.
I just scarf the microUSB off a USB-A ->uUSB cable and tie to the
output of the UBEC.
I did learn (the hard way) to always go in the uUSB port on the pi
and NOT direct to a 5VDC line on the 40-pin, as the uUSB has extra
regulation on that port.

73
K5KTF