[arm-allstar] Problem booting RPi image

David McGough kb4fxc at inttek.net
Mon Feb 25 07:06:14 EST 2019

Hi Les,

I'll try to help you get going. First, are you using Linux or MSWin on
your host system, where you're flashing the SD card? And, what OS version?

With the .xz file, it must be decompressed (yielding the .img flash image
which is 4089446400 bytes in size).

With the .exe file, it must be executed on a MSWin system. After
uncompressing, you'll again have the .img file, which is the same size as
above. You'll also have copies of putty.exe, WinSCP and Win32diskimager,
which were bundled with the .exe file archive.

Then, for MSWin, install the Win32diskimager software and flash the .img
file to the SD card.

Just as a confirmation, I again tested the current firmware files from the
hamvoip.org website, and they boot fine for me here.

73, David KB4FXC