[arm-allstar] Repeater Bounce

ddhcpracing ddhcpracing at gmail.com
Sat Feb 23 15:17:07 EST 2019

Doug,The National Weather Service uses our system during inclement weather www.nctc.info. I am connecting NCTC system together so it works for them while the hub down. I got the last site connected. It's only barking one time now.Hope that's makes more sense.Thanks KG5RDF
-------- Original message --------From: Doug Crompton <wa3dsp at gmail.com> Date: 2/23/19  1:57 PM  (GMT-06:00) To: ddhcpracing <ddhcpracing at gmail.com> Cc: ARM Allstar <arm-allstar at hamvoip.org> Subject: Re: [arm-allstar] Repeater Bounce Yes you are trying to make Allstar fix a problem that exists elsewhere. It would be better to fix the actual problem. It is a completely different matter but I question why you are connecting Allstar to the National Weather Service? This is a gray area legally but in any event broadcasting constant weather stuff on ham radio is annoying to others at best especially when they can very easily get it from other sources like phones and computers. This is not 1980!73 DougWA3DSPhttp://www.crompton.com/hamradio

On Sat, Feb 23, 2019 at 2:05 PM ddhcpracing <ddhcpracing at gmail.com> wrote:It short I guess the answer is no. There is no way via the Allstar software to accomplish this 5 second delay. I know it's not the norm. This is a vary large and complex rf repeater system that the rf hub has failed. I have it patched together with Allstar for the national weather service till repairs are complete. I do not know why the repeater is barking back, it barks in standalone, we can not access the repeater site, and its not Allstar causing this. The 5 second delay will work for emergency communications. It maybe the repeater is seeing another repeater in the system chain on the same frequency. Bands are open here, neighboring states have reversed band plans and the link radio is 24 miles from the site. It just real and was seeing if I could patch the issue and bring this repeater in the fold. It is a vary important repeater since the hub repeater is down. I have placed it in monitor mode so at least it hears the complete system.  Is what it is........Not like I get paid for this.....lol.Thanks for all you do......KG5RDFhttps://www.google.com/maps/d/viewer?mid=1fSV6GMj8DqKAfetU8AG51zPKsKQGeKqp&shorturl=1&ll=32.43648232360699%2C-98.01589970000003&z=7-------- Original message --------From: Doug Crompton via ARM-allstar <arm-allstar at hamvoip.org> Date: 2/23/19  12:01 PM  (GMT-06:00) To: ARM Allstar <arm-allstar at hamvoip.org> Cc: Doug Crompton <wa3dsp at gmail.com> Subject: Re: [arm-allstar] Repeater Bounce My question would be why would a node that did not key for 5 seconds afterthe other end dropped even be useful? You would miss the first 5 seconds ofevery transmission!What you are doing is not uncommon and I suspect you are missing something.Allstar will NOT ping/pong if it is in duplex=0 or nounkeyct=1.  You cantest this yourself. Key into your node with either of those set and it willnot respond back. Are you sure you are going into the repeater as a userwould?In your case the tail of the repeater would keep Allstar keyed until itdrops. There is no way to avoid this unless you can shorten or eliminatethe repeater tail OR you can modify the repeater to output ONLY when inputPL is present to it. Your end will have COS valid whenever you node radiosees valid PL from the repeater. When the repeater drops your end shouldnot respond back unless it is a one time telemetry message or someoneactually responding.*73 Doug**WA3DSP**http://www.crompton.com/hamradio <http://www.crompton.com/hamradio>*On Sat, Feb 23, 2019 at 11:48 AM ddhcpracing <ddhcpracing at gmail.com> wrote:> Doug,>> Yes, it at nounkey=1, and duplex=0, I understand boot. I was saying I> tried everything. Is there a way for Allstar not to listen after it unkeys> the link radio for 5 seconds?>> Thanks KG5RDF>> -------- Original message --------> From: Doug Crompton via ARM-allstar <arm-allstar at hamvoip.org>> Date: 2/23/19 10:25 AM (GMT-06:00)> To: ARM Allstar <arm-allstar at hamvoip.org>> Cc: Doug Crompton <wa3dsp at gmail.com>> Subject: Re: [arm-allstar] Repeater Bounce>> You need to figure out why it is ping/ponging. The usual reason in a> situation like this is that the repeater end drops and the Allstar end> responds back automatically and this continues on and on.  The Allstar end> responding back is usually always the courtesy tone. You need to turn that> off ->> nounkeyct=1>> in rpt.conf.  The thing I don't understand is that duplex=0 should also do> this but is overkill in many cases as it turns off ALL telemetry.>> Setting rxondelay or hangtime to high numbers is not a good idea. Both> would really screw up the way it would be intended to work. You need to put> things back to default values. Only use either duplex=0 or the nounkeyct=1> to start with and remember whenever you change any of these things you need> to restart asterisk (astres.sh) for it to actually change.  With either> duplex=0 or nounkeyct=1  Allstar should not respond back after receiving a> transmission unless it is actually a real person coming back from a> connection to that node.>>> *73 Doug*>> *WA3DSP*>> *http://www.crompton.com/hamradio <http://www.crompton.com/hamradio>*>> On Sat, Feb 23, 2019 at 11:10 AM "ddhcpracing via ARM-allstar" <> arm-allstar at hamvoip.org> wrote:>> > We have a RF hub failure. I have used Allstar to bring East and West> bound> > 24 repeater sites up in the meantime. I have one repeater I still need to> > connect, to have full coverage in DFW. This site is being linked via rf> to> > a link radio v71 to Allstar.The issue is repeater bounce/pingpong. I> need a> > way for Allstar not to listen to the RF link for 5 seconds after it> unkeys> > the repeater.Tried two different nodes, hangtime 0-50000, Duplex 0,1,2,3,> > and 4, and rxaudiodelay 0-26. Is there a variable I am missing to> > accomplish this? Repeater site is not accessible and is dr1x. Done this> > many times with no issue, but it's a vary far rf putt this time.Thanks> > KG5RDF> > _______________________________________________> >> > ARM-allstar mailing list> > ARM-allstar at hamvoip.org> > http://lists.hamvoip.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/arm-allstar> >> > Visit the BBB and RPi2/3 web page - http://hamvoip.org> _______________________________________________>> ARM-allstar mailing list> ARM-allstar at hamvoip.org> http://lists.hamvoip.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/arm-allstar>> Visit the BBB and RPi2/3 web page - http://hamvoip.org>_______________________________________________ARM-allstar mailing listARM-allstar at hamvoip.orghttp://lists.hamvoip.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/arm-allstarVisit the BBB and RPi2/3 web page - http://hamvoip.org