[arm-allstar] Internal AllStar Node Configuration with External Facing Node

Doug Crompton wa3dsp at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 02:30:45 EST 2019

Your right BUT it could be *7 or *829 or *52.  It does not have to be a
macro as I pointed out. The real misconception is the name of the command.
It should probably be  startup_command  not  startup_macro.  These names
and many of the examples were assigned early on in the Allstar history and
long before HAMVOIP existed. We have talked about changing a lot of this
but it is hard to make changes when a command or method has been around for
so long. The other confusing thing is the timers being in milliseconds.
Why? Most all would be fine with a one second resolution. wouldn't it be
easier and much more understandable to say tx_timeout=180 but how do you
change this now?  I suppose putting an s after it would distinguish seconds
and make both compatible.