[arm-allstar] How to Set Up a Kenwood TS-2000 as a Remote Base

wb4bxo at mindspring.com wb4bxo at mindspring.com
Mon Feb 18 22:50:56 EST 2019

I have one that I use for an Icom IC-7000 and one I use for a Kenwood
TM-V71A. Here's a link to a zip file and copy of the email describing it
that I sent to another ham interested in it while back.

You'll notice in some of the places I have the call to SayFreq commented
out, you may want to uncomment them. I'm not completely satisfied with the
frequency read back yet, it reads back when I'm using iaxrpt or zoiper
directly to the node that has this, but I think it may also go out the radio
port, so I want to play with that some more, just haven't had a chance. I
want to be able to connect to the node this is on from my 220 repeater, do a
*4xxxxx to control this "remote" node and set the frequency with it reading
back to me, but it does not. I'm thinking of putting the radios on private
ports like 1999 and 1998 set for no telemetry of any kind and then let the
public node have the commands to control the radio and do the frequency read
back and see if that would let me send it to remote connections but not out
the remote controlled radio.

Hope this helps. If you make any additions or improvements please pass them
back to me to use too.
Here's a link to them in a zip file on my DropBox since I don't think this
mailing lists passes attachments. If you have problems getting it let me
know and I'll put it somewhere else too.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ee99zi7d1aefsxo/WB4BXO-Remote.zip?dl=1

73's
Steve - WB4BXO