[arm-allstar] node callsign script

Doug Crompton wa3dsp at gmail.com
Tue Dec 24 14:01:28 EST 2019

BE CAUTIOUS about changing the connpgm or dispgm program statements. They
are used for logging when running Supermon. While these commands would be
about the best bet for initiating sounds at connect and disconnect if you
are using Supermon you will have to call an external script that in turn
calls Supermon logging as well as the sound you want to create.

Here is an example of how to do it. In the node definitions for the node
you want to control....

In rpt.conf  - turn off connect/disconnet telemetry -   telemdefault=0

connpgm=/etc/asterisk/local/connect_script.sh
dispgm=/etc/asterisk/local/disconnect_script.sh

reload rpt or restart asterisk

Create these two scripts in /etc/asterisk/local

#!/bin/bash
# This script called at connect of any node
# named connect_script.sh

#  Uncomment (remove #) the following line if you are using Supermon
# Tell smlogger there is a connect
# /usr/local/sbin/supermon/smlogger 1

# Say double beep
/usr/bin/asterisk -rx "rpt localplay $NODE1 var/lib/asterisk/sounds/beep
sleep .5
/usr/bin/asterisk -rx "rpt localplay $NODE1 var/lib/asterisk/sounds/beep
# Do anything else you want at connect here
# END SCRIPT

#!/bin/bash
# This script called at disconnect of any node
# named disconnect_cript.sh

#  Uncomment (remove #) the following line if you are using Supermon
# Tell smlogger there is a disconnect
# /usr/local/sbin/supermon/smlogger 0

# Say single beep
/usr/bin/asterisk -rx "rpt localplay $NODE1 var/lib/asterisk/sounds/beep
# Do anything else you want to do at disconnect here
# END SCRIPT

Make these scripts executable -     chmod 755 connect_script.sh   and
chmod 755 disconnect_script.sh

These are examples that should work. You can modify to your liking. You
don't have to use beeps. You can formulate anything you want in the
localplay statements. NEVER use playback or send anything out globally on a
public network. These use the environment variable $NODE1 (The first
defined node) to say the message. If you want to go to a different node on
the same server you need to change to the correct node number.