[arm-allstar] Google Backup

Doug Crompton wa3dsp at gmail.com
Wed Dec 4 14:47:13 EST 2019

Chris,

 I am seeing the same thing here and unfortunately I believe what this
means is that the gdrive app is no longer supported by Google. The github
page gives the following message -

This tool is not being actively maintained at the moment, ymmv *Active
maintenance will be resumed soon.* For incremental and encrypted backup of
unix systems borg <https://github.com/borgbackup/borg> is a great
alternative and rsync.net <http://rsync.net/products/attic.html> provides a
cheap and reliable backup target.

Since I have no idea when this message was created I do not know when
"soon" means or if ever.  For now unfortunately I would say it is not going
to work. I tried downloading the latest binary and I get the same results.

If this cannot be resolved then the gdrive binary and howto will be
removed.