[arm-allstar] auto reconnect

Doug Crompton wa3dsp at gmail.com
Tue Aug 27 14:27:23 EDT 2019

Alan,

 Unfortunately there is really no practical way to do this. A script could
be written to look at what is connected and how long there has not been
transmissions but it would not be without problems and probably would not
work as expected. The best way to do this is to educate users and use
macros. For instance a macro say *52 would disconnect all existing
connections and connect to the default node. Then you would setup macros
for the common places people connect, *53, *54,*55 etc. Each macro would
disconnect from everywhere else (*76) before connecting to the desired
node. Then instruct users to always do a *52 when they are done with the
connection. You could advertise these macros and what they connect to. This
avoids users connecting things together that they should not. You could
disable the *3 and *73 commands by making them some obscure code that is
not advertised forcing users to use macros. You could even make them
something like  *G3 and *G73 or any other letter other than ABCD. The
Allstar command decoder will respond to this using macros or in the client
or supermon commands but no one could use DTMF to access them.  Obviously
you would need to use that code in the macros.