[arm-allstar] Private nodes

Doug Crompton wa3dsp at gmail.com
Thu Aug 8 18:09:31 EDT 2019

Bill,

 Every Hamvoip node when first setup has two private nodes one of which you
usually make public. The other 1999 is private. You can leave it at that
node number or set it to anything between 1000 and 1999. You do have to do
this manually. If you want to change the number change all occurrences of
1999 to the new number in BOTH rpt.conf and extensions.conf. Nothing
changes in iax.conf.  The $NODE1 parameter is the node number of the first
node and should not be changed.

Both would have the 127.0.0.1 in the [nodes] stanza of rpt.conf and should
connect fine either way on that server. If you want to connect from or to
another server on your LAN you must put the routing to each other in both
[nodes] stanzas.

This is another feature the Hamvoip registration server will have soon
eliminating the need to riute all your private nodes as it will have
private node registration for your call and password key protected.