[arm-allstar] radioless node dtmf problem

B Harvey bharveytwo at gmail.com
Mon Apr 22 13:16:52 EDT 2019

Alan,

  I just bought an Alinco radio with the same mic. I noticed that the DTMF
switch on the mic needed to be switched back and forth once or twice to get
it to work. I suspect it wasn't fully engaged into the DTMF position.

      As I originally started to build a node with a Baofeng, I found that
the the DMK - URI wasn't receiving a strong enough audio signal from the
radio (e.g. DTMF tones) for node computer (RPi) to recognize. I don't
recall the wireless node schematic from memory but if you're also using a
DMK  - URI, you may need to drive pin 9 via a DC blocking capacitor instead
of pin 21. ( The folks here on Hamvoip clued me in on that one.

Brian / KK6DOQ