[arm-allstar] Duplex function not working correctly?

Mike Sullivan kn4imu at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 12:59:02 EDT 2019

I'm working on our club's node.. configuration is an RC-210 controller,
repeater on port 1, RIM-Lite for the RC-210 on Port 3 (2 is reserved for a
link radio) I think I finally fixed the poor audio issue, but I'm still
having issues with courtesy beeps.

I have the rpt.conf file duplex variable set to 0, which should be half
duplex, no telemetry/tones. No matter of the configuration of linktolink
(yes, no, or commented out) the repeater's courtesy beep is somehow being
looped back into the transmission as a pre-PTT beep, when it should only be
a post-PTT courtesy beep.

If I switch to duplex=1, the controller's courtesy beep goes away.. but at
the cost of the Allstar beep, telemetry, etc (that I can comment out, I
know that). Now here's the weird part.. when I comment out the courtesy
beep in rpt.conf, the problem returns. I've checked everything on the
controller side, Port 3 is not set up in repeater mode so it should be
operating as a simplex connection.

I'm baffled as to what's going on. Am I missing something that would
otherwise cause the issue