[arm-allstar] Weather

Doug Crompton wa3dsp at gmail.com
Mon Sep 24 17:48:30 EDT 2018

NO, This has been answered many times. Retransmitting NOAA voice is illegal
and there is no good text to speech without paying for it around. Besides
is there really a reason to have long weather forecasts on the ham bands?
Maybe there was a day when this was either cool or necessary but really not
any more. Most have smart phones and can get this info elsewhere. Alerts,
which we do have, can point you to other means of finding out if it is
going to rain and how much.

In hamvoip we have autosky, and two weather scripts,  weather.sh and
wx_condition.sh as well as wx  which gives an on screen display in Linux.