[arm-allstar] RPI with 3 FOBs

Roger Coudé ve2dbe at yahoo.ca
Wed Sep 12 16:28:22 EDT 2018

Doug,We use the latest version, doing updates every weeks.We use powerful 5V, typically 4.8 Amperes capable, with battery backup and diezel generator.Most PI are Model 3B, with a few 3B+We used Rim Lite until recently, when they decided not to sell them in Canada. Now we use modified chineese fob.We use optocouplers and audio transformers, all our interfaces are fully galvanicly isolated.
We tried to monitor the performance with uptime, top, etc, but, doing so usually gave no clue and accelerated the total freeze.
The only addition we have of our own is a small script that interogates asterisk and send nodes status to a server via an http link, every minute, called by cron.d
We have optical fiber and a microtik router deserving asterisk and DSTAR machines.
Yesterday I disabled the third node on two sites still running and wait to see if the problem arises.
Stil connected, but not used by asterisk (not flashing).
Repeater sites both do well, no failure yet… Crossing fingers.
73Rogerwww.ve2dbe.com