[arm-allstar] Echolink Connect announcements

Mike Besemer mwbesemer at cox.net
Mon Sep 10 18:22:27 EDT 2018

Doug,

You've described my installation here; I'm tying a remote node to the
repeater via RF.

I certainly agree that node ID's need not have TXCTCSS Encode; there is no
need to transmit those IDs over the repeater.  However, I think that connect
announcements should be TXCTCSS encoded.; there is absolutely no point in
transmitting a connect announcement if nobody can hear it.  As the repeater
owner/control op, I'd like to know when a connect occurs and who connected.
Aside from that, it's hard to initiate a QSO with a listener if you don't
know they are there.

I use ARCOM RC-210 repeater controllers exclusively.  I have the option to
send any announcement, CWID, etc. with or without TXCTCSS.  Seems like that
ought be doable with AllStar as well.

Just my 2-cents.

Mike
WM4B