[arm-allstar] Auto connection if not in use

Doug Crompton wa3dsp at gmail.com
Sun Oct 14 15:53:10 EDT 2018

Matt,

 Anything is usually possible with some work but what you want to do is
probably not practical. I would think the best approach is to either
educate your users of the connection and time it will connect or you could
as I do here create a cron based announcement at 5 and 10 minutes before
the connect on the RF side that the connection will be taking place.
Something like "Attention the so and so net will connect in 10 minutes"
That way they are aware it is going to happen. If this is done on a regular
basis then it should not be a problem once they get use to it.

Being able to detect usage would be tricky. You could check for PTT at the
time the connection was to take place but how do you know it was really
busy or just Id'ing. I suppose a more elaborate script could be written but
I would try the above approach first.