[arm-allstar] Node interfering

Kerry McKenzie kermck at gmail.com
Sun Oct 14 07:51:26 EDT 2018

Hi All and greetings from Australia
I’m back again and have replaced the image and the raspberry pi for our
node which connect to our local repeater.
Just to bring you up to speed our node talks back on the internet for
approx 5 seconds every half hour and it is so bad that I can no longer use
it.

As I have mentioned previously it works perfectly in every possible way
except every 30 minutes exactly sends something ba k across the web and
kerchunks any one who is connected to me. This has been happening for
months now and I am at a total loss to work out how to fix it.

My setup is fibre to the premises with 50 meg down and 25 up so plenty of
bandwidth. My raspberry pi’s are current models plunged into a Cisco switch
and I have the latest image now installed on a new pi and micro sd card.
The old pi did exactly the same thing that the new pi is doing and I have
now replaced these again, new pi and new sad card with the latest image.

Someone on here suggested that I capture the packets coming from the
raspberry pi which I have now done by sniffing and capturing the port from
the Cisco switch. I currently have about 3 hours of capture files.

My question,  is there anyone on this forum that can read these and make
sense of them in the hope that they might give a clue to this talkback that
is happening every 30 minutes for approx 5 seconds.

I am quite desperate as the next step is ditch the whole project altogether
if I cannot find a solution.
Any help would be greatfully accepted,
Regards Kerry VK4TUB
--