[arm-allstar] Language = fr

Doug Crompton wa3dsp at gmail.com
Sun Oct 7 22:13:32 EDT 2018

Asterisk 1.4 supports a new layout for sound files in multiple languages;
instead of the alternate-language files being stored in subdirectories
underneath the existing files (for French, that would be digits/fr,
letters/fr, phonetic/fr, etc.) the new layout creates one directory under
/var/lib/asterisk/sounds for the language itself, then places all the sound
files for that language under that directory and its subdirectories. This
is the layout that will be created if you select non-English languages to
be installed via menuselect, HOWEVER Asterisk 1.4 does not default to this
layout and will not find the files in the places it expects them to be. If
you wish to use this layout, make sure you put ‘languageprefix=yes’ in the
‘options’ section in your /etc/asterisk/asterisk.conf file, so that
Asterisk will know how the files were installed