[arm-allstar] Hamvoip on RPi zero

ssedgwick ssedgwick at suddenlink.net
Sun Nov 11 12:52:04 EST 2018

Hi David,

Yes, something like that would work great if it can be make to work with Android IAXRPT or Zoiper.  I guess Zoiper would be better since in supports both Android and Iphone.

The other project I’m considering is replacing the raspberry pi zero W with a Bluetooth audio module like used in a Bluetooth headset using the same concept I mentioned earlier.  The PTT button would be a simple normally open switch that connects the microphone to the Bluetooth module when pressed and opens the microphone path when released.  Setup Android IAXRPT or Zoiper and the home Allstar node to work with VOX.  Not as neat an option as a real Allstar node since the user can only connect to the user’s node they have preset up for IAXRPT, and you must have the application running on the phone, but that’s usable.  Another advantage is the current consumption for the Bluetooth module is MUCH lower than the pi zero W/sound dongle option.

Thanks,
Steve

Making something like this work would be interesting!!!

https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Microphone-Button-speaker-Android/dp/B01NBB7DU0