[arm-allstar] Portable node grounding issue

Doug Crompton wa3dsp at gmail.com
Sun Nov 4 10:27:36 EST 2018

Lonny,

 The FOB gets its ground via the USB connection. Then there should be a
ground between it and the radio. For the DMK-URI FOB that would be pins 19
and 20 of the DB25. You did not mention what FOB you are using or how your
power was connected? Are you using the same supply for the radio and Pi. Of
course in that case the Pi would be fed through a 12V to 5V converter.
Also you say voltage test and putting your hand on it. Not sure what you
are using to test voltage. Do you have a voltmeter that would measure the
voltage between the points you are suspecting have a voltage differential?