[arm-allstar] correction about flite ---was:AUTOSKY

Mr. Possum (Bill) flatpossum1231 at yahoo.com
Wed May 16 07:09:51 EST 2018

Doug, et al...
I will say this...  I have toyed with the TTS that was on my Pi (v1.5) and it gave me a great tool to create quick ID's from simple text.  I made announcements for before and after nets.  After I was successful at doing those, I started using it for creating custom club announcements to put on the repeaters.  Reminders for club meetings, getting the word out for our Christmas party, field day, upcoming "Radios in the Park" events where we setup in a park one weekend, to do a dog and pony show for the public, etc...
That tts_audio.sh thingy came in downright handy!

Thank you guys for making a simple text to speech software available - yeah, it aint perfect, yeah it aint pretty and you have to intentionally misspell words and put in goofy syntax to make it "sound right" - but it worked!  (I have to laugh as she stumbles through some Spanish street names and stuff...)  Once I figured it out, it was relatively easy!  However, my only real problem with this software is when I came back around to it six months later to do a different announcement, I have to teach myself how to do it all over again....
And believe me, that is NO fault of yours!  Some days, I am doing good to remember what I had for breakfast...
I rarely expect "perfection" but having something that is utilitarian is certainly welcome....
Bill - N5MBM