[arm-allstar] Supermon asterisk manager connection fails

Doug Crompton wa3dsp at gmail.com
Sat May 12 10:48:58 EST 2018

Jorge,

 When you say firewall do you mean the firewall in Allstar? Do you have
that turned on? If is off by default and in most cases should not need to
be turned on unless your allstar server is directly on the Internet and not
NAT'ed by a router.

For Supermon to work remotely outside of your LAN you need to have port
5038 forwarded in the routers and in manager.conf you must have the 0.0.0.0
bind address active (comment out the 127.0.0.1 and uncomment the 0.0.0.0
address).

You obviously also add the actual address or domain name of the host in the
allmon.ini file for that remote node.

Allstar should be restarted when making changes especially the manager
changes.

Since port 5038 and the AMI is not very secure and you are allowing it
through your router you also should implement the firewall rule shown in
the Supermon howto,

I run several remote Supermon instances using this method and it works
fine. See the Supermon howto.