[arm-allstar] courtesy tones while node connected

David McGough kb4fxc at inttek.net
Fri May 11 18:13:23 EST 2018

Hi Jeff,

I'm catching up on this message thread just now. I use duplex=0 on various
RF linking nodes and it is completely quiet---no telemetry, nothing.

So, I'm not sure what's happening in your scenario. I'll review the
videos....In the meantime, if you can send me your rpt.conf file directly
(off-list), I'll take a look at it.

73, David KB4FXC

On Fri, 11 May 2018, "Jeff Karpinski via arm-allstar" wrote:

> Yeah, there's definitely some weirdness going on. Here’s a vid that
demonstrates. Node A (the Kenwood side) is now set to duplex=0. I do a
couple kerchun ks on Node B to demonstrate no connectivity, then connect
it to Node A. The connection notice plays out BOTH nodes. Another
kerchunk shows AllStar tone out of B only (good). Requesting a *76 from
Node B results in a disconnect message playing from Node A only! Red LEDs
are PTT, left one is radio node A, right is radioless node B. Note this
behavior is NOT 100% consistent. Watch vid #2. Same steps, no changes
made to either node.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYy2-MjeX74 <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QYy2-MjeX74>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJ9yaYGCe1k <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJ9yaYGCe1k>