[arm-allstar] Backing up to a Flash Drive

Doug Crompton wa3dsp at gmail.com
Thu May 10 22:00:09 EST 2018

Rory,

 You can manually mount a USB stick or use the built-in backup programs -

file-backup.sh and file-restore.sh

These scripts will backup to a tar file for copying to another system or to
a USB stick plugged into the Pi. You can customize what is backed up.

You can backup an entire card live. To do that you must shutdown, remove
the car, and read it on another system. In most cases this is not necessary
as recovery with the above scripts would get everything you need.

To automatically mount a USB stick devmon needs to be running. The above
scripts check for its presence.