[arm-allstar] Weird errors on asterisk restart

David McGough kb4fxc at inttek.net
Sun May 6 18:04:02 EST 2018

Jeff,

Your syntax should be fine. I assume that ${NODENUM} is defined in the
context where you're calling your script?

To test your test_script, you could try something like:
exten => _xxxx,1,System(/etc/asterisk/local/test_script ${EXTEN} ${DATETIME})

...And, check the parameters passed to test_script.

As for rpt.conf dying...Look for something you recently changed. You can
run asterisk from the back prompt (in interactive mode) and you may see
the error just before it crashes. From bash, try:

asterisk -vvvvgc

73, David KB4FXC

On Sun, 6 May 2018, "Jeff Karpinski via arm-allstar" wrote:

> After making rpt.conf changes, when I now do option 13 (Restart Asterisk Server) from the menu, I get the following 3 times:

Asterisk ended with exit status 1.
Asterisk died with code 1.
Automatically restarting Asterisk.
mpg123: no process found

This is a relatively recent issue. Did I booger something up?

Also (non-related), I need to pass a couple parameters to a command process in extensions.conf. Whereas this example works perfectly

 [command_process]
exten => _xxxx,1,System(/etc/asterisk/local/test_script ${EXTEN})
exten => _xxxx,n,Hangup()

what I REALLY need is

 [command_process]
exten => _xxxx,1,System(/etc/asterisk/local/test_script ${EXTEN} ${NODENUM})
exten => _xxxx,n,Hangup()

I’ve tried every permutation of single and double quotes around the ${EXTEN} ${NODENUM} parameters I can think of but nothing works.