[arm-allstar] Echolink and Proxies / Relays....

David McGough kb4fxc at inttek.net
Wed Mar 28 06:18:02 EST 2018

This morning I tried duplicating this wrong callsign issue, connecting
from a Win7 client (running the MSWin software rev 2.0.908) and various
public proxies and I even setup a private proxy to experiment with
(running the EchoLinkProxy java software, rev 1.2.3) ...No luck, the
proper callsign showed on the AllStar side every time.

Does anyone know how to duplicate this issue while using the MSWin
software???? ....This is much more convenient for me than running an app
for a mobile device.  Thoughts??

73, David KB4FXC

On Tue, 27 Mar 2018, "Charles Powell via arm-allstar" wrote:

> This happens when the Echolink user has a proxy connection, such as
from an iPhone, iPad, or Android phone.  Dave, KB4FXC, has been working
on the code.  I pointed this problem out to him and he has it on his
"to do" list.   I think if you connect from a computer, you will see
that the information that registers is correct - but not from a phone.