[arm-allstar] Radio less adapter options ?

Kevin Custer kevin at kc-wireless.com
Thu Mar 22 20:25:57 EST 2018

While not specifically designed as a Radio-Less adapter, the RA-40 and
RA-42 can easily be made into a radio-less node.  The audio outputs are
sufficient to drive a speaker.  They have pots for all audio inputs and
outputs.
The new RA-42 is designed to work with the TXCTCSS option and provides a
buffered open-collector output sourced from either GPIO 4 or 8.  This
option has a dedicated yellow LED to indicate when the option is
asserted.  This would work with Doug's script that toggles a GPIO
(lights this LED) when the node is connected.

Again - this is not a Radio-Less specific adapter.  It is not packaged
as such, but would be a good project for anyone with the ability to
package it and remotely connect the things needed to make it operate as
such.

Plus - they're available as a kit, so you can build it however it suits you.

www.masterscommunications.com

Kevin - W3KKC