[arm-allstar] Node locks up upon loss of WiFi or eth

chris novara chris at redcrosscommunications.org
Fri Mar 16 20:33:50 EST 2018

First, thanks for all your help Doug!

Your LED scrip works great!

The problem I’m running into is that when running the Pi wireless to my hotspot, if I down (turn off) my hotspot the Pi will basically lock up and the heart beat light will flash at half speed and the node does nothing and no CT beep.

It’s like the node goes stupid when I kill the wireless connection. This is also the same for the eth port.

Basically what I’m trying to do is make the node automatically recover and reconnect when Wi-Fi becomes available again to simulate mobile and driving through a location where there is no connectivity or walking away from the Pi with your phone and then returning to the car and have things connect apon detection of WiFi

Chris Novara
Phone: 541-778-1175
Eugene, Oregon
Email-Chris at redcrosscommunications.org