[arm-allstar] Radio-less ed le bell LED light for connection?

chris novara chris at redcrosscommunications.org
Thu Mar 15 21:53:49 EST 2018

Hello all,

I’m desperately trying to figure out how it would be possible to have a visual indication on the radio less node adapter built by Ed Le Bell if there is a connection to our system hub or not. Right now the only way is to key the microphone and listen to the courtesy beep. The problem with this is we get lots of KerChunks on our system do to mobile users wondering if their mobile node is connected.

I cannot express how awesome it would be if there is someway to manipulate the heartbeat flashing LED or somehow work with the TX/RX LED to show visually if we are connected to our HUB

I received some help a few weeks ago but was unsuccessful using the GPIO pins but the problem is that is on the raspberry pie is not visually accessible by the driver as it is tucked away.....only the black box by Ed is visual and running wires is a pain.

Any ideas ?!??!!!?!?!

Chris Novara
Phone: 541-778-1175
Eugene, Oregon