[arm-allstar] COS equivalent for other radios

Fred Hillhouse fmhillhouse at comcast.net
Thu Mar 15 14:14:54 EST 2018

Greetings!

Thanks for the information David and Marshall!

It is an Yaesu FT-2400 (freebie from a friend) and I did manage to find a
little discussion. It is interesting the signal tapped into is called
SCAN_STOP. I'll have to look closer at that signal.

Thanks!

Best regards,

Fred N7FMH

The COS signal, in its most basic form, is just a logic signal which

indicates if the squelch is open of closed. For example:

COS == 1  ....The squelch is open.

COS == 0  ....The squelch is closed.

In a more advanced form, COS will SOMETIMES also include PL or DCS

signaling. For example:

COS == 1  ....The squelch is open AND proper PL/DCS is present.

COS == 0  ....The squelch is closed OR proper PL/DCS is absent.

What type of radio are you looking for info about?

73, David KB4FXC

On Thu, 15 Mar 2018, "Fred Hillhouse via arm-allstar" wrote:

> Greetings,

> I have an older radio I am looking at to be a home node. I was looking for

> something that might describe the COS signal. Can someone guide as to what

> am looking for? I am happy with learning what I should Google for. COS

> brings up Motorola radio links by the hundreds.

> Thanks!

> Best regards,

> Fred N7FMH

---