[arm-allstar] COS equivalent for other radios

David McGough kb4fxc at inttek.net
Thu Mar 15 12:45:03 EST 2018

The COS signal, in its most basic form, is just a logic signal which
indicates if the squelch is open of closed. For example:

COS == 1  ....The squelch is open.
COS == 0  ....The squelch is closed.

In a more advanced form, COS will SOMETIMES also include PL or DCS
signaling. For example:

COS == 1  ....The squelch is open AND proper PL/DCS is present.
COS == 0  ....The squelch is closed OR proper PL/DCS is absent.

What type of radio are you looking for info about?

73, David KB4FXC