[arm-allstar] Node to node connexion problem

David McGough kb4fxc at inttek.net
Tue Mar 13 09:18:52 EST 2018

Hi Roger,

The issue you're encountering has been called the ANNOYING "one way audio"
bug.

This is a known problem that has been in the code for a long time and
seems to impact all AllStar releases at least since version 0.325, which
is several year old.  I'm actively looking for the cause of and fix for
this issue.

Some users see this issue fairly frequently, others never or almost never.
On my network, I fall into the almost never category--which doesn't help
me find a solution very quickly.

On a positive note, I think I've identified most of the chain of events
that have to occur to trigger this problem.

I'll have a fix for this as soon as possible.

73, David KB4FXC

On Tue, 13 Mar 2018, "[UTF-8] Roger Coudé via arm-allstar" wrote:

> I am new to this forum We use many repeaters controlled with a RPI3 and Rim Lite
RPi2-3 Version 1.5rc4-16 Allstar - March 10, 2018 - KB4FXC, WA3DSP

Recently we observed a strange behavior:We have many locations where
a repeater (allstar node) is connected to a transceiver (local node).The
repeater is normally connected to the network via the RF link (We use the
Internet only as a backup)Once in a while, users complain they do not ear
anything from the network.I use IaxRpt and observe that there is no
communications between the two nodes.However, the cli rpt nodes command
show that the nodes are connected.If I disconnect and reconnect the
nodes, everything is ok.I tested both ilink 3 and ilink 13, same
problem. Has anybody noticed that behavior?

Roger Coude
www.ve2dbe.com