[arm-allstar] Easier way to effect HamVoip updates?

Don Backstrom - AA7AU z-armallstar at deliberate.net
Wed Mar 7 13:33:01 EST 2018

	Doug/David:

	As always, thank you very much for your continuing work on, and support
for, HamVoip and our little community!

	I notice that several of the nodes which I've helped with and/or use
are not necessarily being regularly updated with the latest on-line
updates from HamVoip.

	I think, in part, this is due to the fact that apparently one needs to
be either logged in with 1) a direct console session, or 2) a remote SSH
session -- and thereby use option #1 from your menu system to effect the
check/update.

	This can be problematic for some users for various reasons. There is
also the old "don't fix it if it ain't broke" axiom, which unfortunately
most folks don't realize does NOT APPLY here.

	Can you recommend a way to setup a script which is run from a
[complex?] DTMF trigger? I understand that this approach would have
pros/cons in theory of use, but is it possible to implement safely on a
technical level? How about just a check "is there an update available"
query with yes/no audio reply triggered by a DTMF code?

	If not (or even if so), would it be possible to run such a script under
the new/improved Supermon with its newly improved security?

	Making the update process more accessible to all would be a very good
thing, IMO.

	Thanks again,

	- Don - AA7AU