[arm-allstar] Echolink and Asterisk issues

Mark Szlaga mszlaga at szlaga.net
Sun Mar 4 13:03:41 EST 2018

Doug,

Thank you for your responses.  While I realize Echolink is not the
preferred protocol, the goal is to move everything where possible to
Allstar while combining various VoIP protocols in to a single point
directly connected to the repeater itself.

Regarding Echolink.  I realize it is a mostly stateless connection, but I
find it odd that the control channel is still showing as connected, but no
audio.  Is this a known failure mode with Echolink and Allstar?  We have
not been seeing it with the previous SVXlink node.  If it is we can work
around it.  I just need to set expectations for the repeater trustee.

Regarding Crashing.  This is the error message I am seeing from asterisk.
Note, this issue is across two different SD cards, and two different
RasPi3s.  All devices are known good and solid.

safe_asterisk: line 125: 23632 Segmentation fault
(core dumped) nice -n $PRIORITY ${ASTBINDIR}/asterisk -f ${CLIARGS}
${ASTARGS} &> /dev/${TTY}
Asterisk ended with exit status 139
Asterisk exited on signal 11
Automatically restarting Asterisk.
mpg123:: no process found

Upon restart it is fine for a few minutes/hours until it restarts.
Thankfully every time it restarts and comes back.

This has gotten worse since the update from the original image installation
to the latest version:
RPi2-3 Version 1.5rc4-15 Allstar - February 15, 2018 - KB4FXC, WA3DSP

Regarding RX Delay.  I need help here.  1.5 seconds is a lifetime in this
industry.  WAY too long.  Any pointers on things to start investigating?

Note: during normal local nets I set the RXOnDelay to 10 and RXAudioDelay
to 7 with no issues.  Works like a champ.
The ping-pong and pulsing only occurs during connected nets that we are not
hosting.  This issue is both on Allstar as well as Echolink.

Thoughts?  Comments/questions?

Regards,
Mark - AC8LT