[arm-allstar] Question to those using Echolink

Doug Crompton wa3dsp at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 00:44:50 EST 2018

Thank you all for your input on Echolink. The hangup issues need to be
addressed at some point as there are no settable timers to avoid this in
our end of Echolink. This is a user error leaving PTT on and for now at
least proper education is the best fix or if someone continues to do it
when you give them a warning they can be denied from your Echolink in the
config file.

It is also a good idea to run Echolink on a node by itself that is in
pseudo mode. This way you can easily isolate it from other nodes if need
be. It also allows you the flexibility to connect it to any node you may
have.

You also have to remember that Echolink is not as reliable as Allstar and
since it has no permanent connect feature if you lose a connection it will
not come back and would have to be re-established.

We will continue to address any issues in Echolink but they will generally
depending on severity have less priority than Allstar issues.