[arm-allstar] Control characters in the /var/log/asterisk/astdb.txt file

Tim Sawyer tisawyer at gmail.com
Thu Jun 21 09:28:15 EST 2018

I replied twice to this thread but the did not come through for some
reason. Here are my latest thoughts.

The problem is not corruption. It's extended characters such as umlaut.
Users are adding theses to their location which is perfectly acceptable and
displays fine on most browsers. Look at the node list for node 2548.

It doesn't look like there is a way to encode these in a text file and have
them display properly... but I'm still looking. I not going to delete them
as in David's C program because I think that having something there is
better than there being no hint that something not displayed properly.

--
Tim WD6AWP