[arm-allstar] Node registration failures

Chris Zenchenko wb9rsq at gmail.com
Tue Jun 19 10:14:36 EST 2018

Looking for ways to troubleshoot an on-going problem with nodes failing to
register.

1.	No changes in server info on allstar.org.
2.	2. No changes in .conf files
3.	3. No changes in public ip of server with nodes.
4.	4. 60 minutes or more with node server powered down.
5.	5. Nodes registered and working and connecting at times.
6.	Using new dns method.
7.	7. Confirmed pings to allstar registration server.
8.	8. Successful pings to servers during system_diagnostics.
9.	Code updates have been run.

This registration problem has been popping up over the past two months or
so.
In the latest case I was out of town for 5 days.
When I left nodes were connecting and all was well.
When I returned nodes could not connect and check_reg returned unregistered.
See above points.
I have no idea where to look next but stability just doesn't exist.
In the past I have tried the 5 to 10 minute power off with success but it
shouldn't be necessary several times per week.
The latest failure to register has gone on since Sunday evening and still
wasn't working this morning.
There must be a logical reason for this but I can't find it.
Any thoughts would be helpful
tnx