[arm-allstar] New Node

David McGough kb4fxc at inttek.net
Sat Jun 2 19:30:16 EST 2018

Hi Ed,

Are all your internal nodes on private IP addresses, yet they have public
node numbers and are registered with the public server??

If so, the problem is likely that your router is having a "hairpin" NAT
issue; this is also known as NAT "loopback." See:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Network_address_translation#NAT_loopback

Assuming this issue is the case, there are a couple solutions. One is to
persuade the router to properly perform loopback NAT. A second solution is
to simply add the private IP addresses of the internal nodes to the
/etc/asterisk/rpt.conf [nodes] stanza on EACH system. Then, they'll always
try connecting to each other on their private IP addresses, rather than
public.

73, David KB4FXC