[arm-allstar] Supermon

Glenn ka5tkn at suddenlink.net
Tue Jul 31 08:42:19 EST 2018

"Doug Crompton via arm-allstar" wrote:
> Glenn,
>
> Are you connecting to supermon on the same server (Pi) as the node is on?
>
> Below are snippets of the two places you define. If you are connecting to
> supermon on the same server as it is running on then you use the
> 127.0.0.1.  If you have changed that to another server on your LAN like
> 192.168.1.x:5038 then you must  also change this line in the manager.conf
> commenting out the 127.0.0.1 line and uncommenting the 0.0.0.0 line. Also
> strange characters in the secret (PW) like ! can screw things up. Stick to
> standard characters and numbers.
>
> ;bindaddr = 127.0.0.1   ; Local interface
> only!
> bindaddr = 0.0.0.0    ; Not secure
>

> This is  /srv/http/supermon.ini -
>
> [1998]    -  change to your node
> host=127.0.0.1:5038
> user=admin
> passwd=somepass
> menu=yes
> hideNodeURL=no
>

> This is /etc/asterisk/manager.conf -
>
> [admin]
>
> secret = somepass
>
> read =
> all,system,call,log,verbose,command,agent,user,config
> write =
> all,system,call,log,verbose,command,agent,user,config

> On Mon, Jul 30, 2018 at 9:46 AM, "Glenn via arm-allstar" <
> arm-allstar at hamvoip.org> wrote:
>
>> Morning Doug,
>> I have IAX working fine on both windows and on the android.
>> my problem is with Supermon..I have gone through the instructions
>> a dozen or more times and get the same results. I logon to Supermon
>> and get the html screen. I when I click on my node number I get
>> "Could not connect to Asterisk Manager." I have gone over it so
>> many times that I think I am making the same mistake over and over..
>> You got any smart pills for me.
>> Thanks
>> Glenn  k5cod
>>
>> Visit the BBB and RPi2/3 web page - http://hamvoip.org

Morning again Doug.
all the computers are on the same network. Allmon.ini in Supermon is
correct.
manager.conf is correct.. all username and passwd match in both places.
the manager.conf is set to  RW-R--R--  owner root
I can send you a txt file of both if them if you would like to check them
thanks again
glenn k5cod